A quick view of the most influential metrics in Fayetteville.
Learn more about Fayetteville
Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas Community Information
Home to the University of Arkansas and the Arkansas Razorbacks, Fayetteville is the third largest city in Arkansas nestled on the outskirts of the Boston Mountains and deep in the hills of the Ozark Mountains. US News ranked Fayetteville as one of the best places to retire and Fayetteville has been named as one of the best college towns two years in a row. Local residents enjoy the award winning Fayetteville Farmers Market, The Lights of the Ozarks on the Downtown Square, Terra Studios in east Fayetteville and the nightlife of Dickson Street. Fayetteville public schools have been awarded the Gold Medallion Award by the NSPRA.org and are considered some of the best public schools in the nation.
Fayetteville, Arkansas and the Northwest Arkansas area is not only a great place to relocate; it has consistently ranked as one of the top areas in America to call home. Below are a few of the accolades of the area.
- Visit the Northwest Arkansas Council for additional information on the Northwest Arkansas area.
- Visit the Walton College of Business Center for Business and Economic Research at the University of Arkansas for Northwest Arkansas regional reports on business and economy.
- See a snapshot of the most recent Northwest Arkansas Regional Report of Business and Economy from the Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas.
Awards and Recognition in Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas
Over the past two decades Fayetteville, Arkansas and the Northwest Arkansas area has received consistent attention and praise from national publications, institutions and organizations. Walmart, J.B. Hunt Transport Services and Tyson Foods have led the area in significant job growth. Each of these companies consistently attract vendors and suppliers to open offices in the area. The Fayetteville, Arkansas and Northwest Arkansas economy is supported with these companies and the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.
Business Economy in Fayetteville, Arkansas and Northwest Arkansas
- Ranked 10th in the list of Best Cities for Job Growth by New Geography in 2014
- Ranked 37th in the list of Best Places for Business and Careers by Forbes in 2014
- Ranked in the top 9 in the list of Best Hubs for Tech Startups by Entrepreneur Magazine in 2012
- Ranked 5th in the list of Best Cities for Job Growth by Forbes/New Geography in 2011
- Ranked 13th in the list of Best Cities for Job Growth by Forbes/New Geography in 2010
- Ranked 43rd in the list of Best-Performing Cities by the Milken Institute in 2010
- Ranked 13th among mid-sized metro areas in the list of Best Places to Launch a Business by CNN Money in 2009.
Ranked 2nd in the list of The Best Cities for Recession by Forbes in 2009
- Ranked 15th in the list of Best Places for Business and Careers by Forbes in 2010.
Ranked 4th in the list of Best Places for Business and Careers by Forbes in 2009.
Best Small City for Startups in Arkansas by BusinessWeek in 2009.
- Ranked 3rd in the list of Top Mid-Size Metros for Recruitment and Attraction by Expansion Management in 2007.
- Inc. Magazine ranked Northwest Arkansas at No. 4 in 2007 in its list of Best Cities for Doing Business.
- Ranked 4th in the list of Best Cities for Doing Business by Inc. Magazine in 2007.
Best Cities Recognition for Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas
- Fayetteville, Arkansas ranked 64th in the list of Best Places to Live by Livability.com in 2013.
- Springdale, Arkansas ranked 1st in the list of Best Places to Live by BusinessWeek in 2010.
- Rogers, Arkansas ranked 10th in the list of Best Places to Live by CNNMoney in 2010.
- Fayetteville, Arkansas ranked 15th in the list of Best Places to Retire by CNNMoney in 2010.
- Northwest Arkansas ranked 7th in the list of Best Places to Live, Work and Play by Kiplinger in 2008.
College Town Recognition for Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Fayetteville, Arkansas ranked 17th in the list of The South’s Best College Towns by Southern Living in 2013.
- Fayetteville, Arkansas ranked 16th in the list of America’s Best College Towns by Travel + Leisure in 2013.
- University of Arkansas School of Law ranked 2nd in the list of Best Value Law Schools by The National Jurist in 2013.
- University of Arkansas ranked 50th in the list of Best Graduate Schools by the U.S. News and World Report in 2011.
- Fayetteville, Arkansas ranked 7th in the list of Best College Towns by Forbes in 2010.
- Fayetteville, Arkansas ranked 5th in the list of Top 10 Small College Towns for Investment by NuWire Investor in 2007.
Vacation Area Recognition for Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas
- Rogers, Arkansas ranked in the list of 12 Hottest Travel Destinations in 2012 by Travel & Leisure Magazine in 2012 for the nationally acclaimed Crystal Bridges Art Museum.
- Fayetteville, Arkansas ranked in the list of 10 Best Libraries to Visit in 2011 by USA Today in 2011.
Properties in Fayetteville
View our selection of available properties in the Fayetteville area.
Check out the latest demographic information available for Fayetteville.
VS National AVG
VS National AVG
VS National AVG
VS NAtional AVG
VS National AVG
Learn more about schools near Fayetteville complete with ratings and contact information.
The Best in Fayetteville
Browse through the top rated businesses in the most popular categories Fayetteville has to offer.